SMART REPAIRER - Body Shop Jobs - Driven Motor Jobs
Due to our clients structured expansion programme we are now seeking an experienced and skilled smart repair technician.
The successful candidate will have recent smart repair experience repairing cars to an exceptionally high standard.
Smart Repairer job description
Objective: Accurately and skilfully undertake the repair and servicing of motor vehicles
- Analyse work orders to identify what work has been agreed; seek clarification from the Service Advisor if a work order is not clear or seems incorrect - Evaluate the condition of the vehicle - Document completed work orders, ensuring hours and materials used are accurately and appropriately recorded and all warranty material is kept and returned to the Warranty Clerk - Perform repair work as directed and in accordance with established and documented procedures, as well as conducting routine service work on all makes of vehicle - Minimise wastage of all materials, oils and fluids
- Undertake all other tasks and responsibilities as requested by the Workshop Controller and the Service Manager
Objective: Fulfil all tasks to the customer`s complete satisfaction
- Interact directly with customers when requested, to explain vehicle problems and the corrective action taken - Safeguard and protect the customer`s vehicle and its contents while being repaired or serviced, ensuring adequate protection is used in every vehicle during service and repai
- Receive customers courteously, in line with the Volkswagen quality programme
Objective: Detect and diagnose any additional faults for further repair
- Observe, recognise and report on vehicle structure and paintwork - Report on the job card all faults or defects detected while working on the vehicle - Report any additional damage found when stripping the vehicle directly to the Estimator/ Foreman
Objective: Ensure all work is completed safely and complies with Retailer, manufacturer and industry guidelines
- Report accurately and correctly all components, materials, consumables and hours used on each vehicle repair, keeping wastage of all materials and consumables to the minimum and placing orders for replacement parts - Keep work area clean, tidy and free from hazards and ensure the oven is swept and cleaned before vacating - Ensure all health and safety, environmental and recycling policies, plus all internal policies and procedures are adhered to, focusing on customer needs and building upon the professional reputation of the retail facility, reporting any concerns to the Bodyshop Manager or to the Health and Safety Officer - Check the condition and ensure the correct maintenance of tools, equipment and other materials in accordance with company policy - Undertake all other tasks and activities as requested by the Bodyshop Manager
- Ensure all policies and practices are followed adhering to the retail and wholesale standards to build upon the professional reputation of the Retailer
Successful applicants should expect to work Monday to Friday during Franchised Motor Dealer opening hours. Saturday morning work may be requested, but paid as overtime.
If you have smart repair experience and if you are interested, please email your CV to Nicola MacDonald firstname.lastname@example.org  in the strictest of confidence. 07939 499863 01603 717858